Inter-college Volleyball: League
Oxford's Volleyball League 2015
Oxford University Volleyball Club is organising the college volleyball league once again. If you are at an Oxford college, department (you don't have to be a student) or a member of Oxford Brookes University, why not try and become volleyball champion in Oxford?
We welcome teams from Oxford colleges and departments, as well as any teams formed at Oxford Brookes University. Students and staff are equally eligible to play. The maximum number of Blues players per team is two.
- We play a full single competition where every team plays each other once in the group, followed by finals between the top 4 teams. The format of the group stage will depend on the number of registered teams.
- Matches are best of 3 sets to 25 points or 10 min per set.
- The winner will get 2 points, the looser 0. In the case of a tie, both teams get 1 point. If two teams have the same amount of points, the direct encounter will determine the position.
- We only have limited court time at Iffley Sport Centre, so please be on time! We encourage the teams to arrive 15 min before their match to warm up on the running tracks. There will be a 10 min warm-up on in the gym before each match.
- When a team is more than 10 minutes late for the start of the match, this team will lose the match.
- The games will be played on a standard indoor court with six players on court for each side. Teams are of mixed gender, and at least one women must be on court for each team at all times.
- Standard indoor rules will be applied.
- A team is allowed any reasonable number of substitutes, who will rotate onto the court at the service.
The league is going to be played on Sunday afternoons during Trinity Term 2015. The tournament schedule will be published once teams are registered.
Registration (by Sunday 12th of April 2015)
Registration must be done by the team captain (NOT individual players), and can be done online using the online registration form. Please register with your complete team details, and soon, as there is a limit to teams!
Registration Fee is £50 per team.
If you have any questions/problems, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to receiving your entries!