Inter-college Volleyball: League
Oxford's Volleyball League 2015-16
Oxford University Volleyball Club is happy to announce that the Inter-college volleyball league will take place this Trinity Term. If you are at an Oxford college, department or a member of Oxford Brookes University, why not try and become volleyball champion in Oxford? Last year 18 teams competed for the tittle! Cherwell’s coverage can be read here http://www.cherwell.org/sport/results/2015/05/29/volleyball-gets-over-the-net
We welcome teams from Oxford colleges and departments, as well as any teams formed at Oxford Brookes University. Students and staff are equally eligible to play.
- We play a full single competition, followed by semi's and finals between the top 4 teams.
- We only have 1.5 hours per session, so please be on time! The first 15 minutes are a warm up together with all three teams. Then we have 3 times 25 minutes of matches.
- When a team is more than 15 minutes late for the start of the match (so after warm-up), this team will lose the first match and we will move on to the second match.
- Matches are 25 minutes, 12 minutes each side.
- The team that doesn't play a match will do the scoring for that match (see schedule).
- We play only one set and count points until the 25 minutes are up. The winner will get 2 points, the loser 0. If it is a draw, each team gets 1 point. The amount of points will determine the position in the pool. If two teams have the same amount of points, the points in the sets will determine the position.
- The semi-finals and finals are 35 minutes each, with a break (or warm-up possibility) of 5 mins between.
- The games will be played on a standard indoor court with six players on court for each side. Teams are of mixed gender, and at least one women must be on court for each team at all times. Teams can have no more than one player from a OUVC first team.
- Standard indoor rules will be applied.
- A team is allowed any reasonable number of substitutes, who will rotate onto the court at the service.
Group stage matches will commence in Week 2 of Trinity term followed by a knock-out stage. Both college and departmental teams are welcome to enter the competition. For more info visit http://www.ouvc.net/league/information/ .
Send your entries to email@example.com by Friday of 0th week (22/04/2016).
Entry fee is £50 per team.
Hope to see you at Iffley!