Inter-college Volleyball: League
Oxford's Volleyball League 2013
Oxford University Volleyball Club is organising the college volleyball league once again. If you are at an Oxford college, department or a member of Oxford Brookes University, why not try and become volleyball champion in Oxford? Last year Thundercats won the league, with St John's runners up. Who will play the final this year?
We welcome teams from Oxford colleges and departments, as well as any teams formed at Oxford Brookes University. Students and staff are equally eligible to play.
- We play a full single competition, followed by semi's and finals between the top 4 teams.
- We only have 1.5 hours per session, so please be on time! The first 15 minutes are a warm up together with all three teams. Then we have 3 times 25 minutes of matches.
- When a team is more than 15 minutes late for the start of the match (so after warm-up), this team will lose the first match and we will move on to the second match.
- Matches are 25 minutes, 12 minutes each side.
- The team that doesn't play a match will do the scoring for that match (see schedule).
- The team that is helping with the score will record and submit the match's score here.
- We play only one set and count points until the 25 minutes are up. The winner will get 2 points, the loser 0. If it is a draw, each team gets 1 point. The amount of points will determine the position in the pool. If two teams have the same amount of points, the points in the sets will determine the position.
- The semi-finals and finals are 35 minutes each, with a break (or warm-up possibility) of 5 mins between.
- The games will be played on a standard indoor court with six players on court for each side. Teams are of mixed gender, and at least one women must be on court for each team at all times. Teams can have no more than one player from a OUVC first team.
- Standard indoor rules will be applied.
- A team is allowed any reasonable number of substitutes, who will rotate onto the court at the service.
The league is going to be played during End of Hillary and Trinity Term 2013. The times and other details will be published once teams are registered. Matches will be played on Wednesdays during Hilary and will be confirmed for Trinity.
Registration must be done by the team captain (NOT individual players), and can be done online using the online registration form. Please register with your complete team details, and soon, as there is a limit to teams! If you are having trouble finding people to play with, please feel free to start a thread on this forum on our forum and leave a message saying you are looking to join a team - there will be many other 'single' players so do not worry - we will pair you up.
Registration Fee is £5 per player.
If you have any questions/problems, please do not hesitate to visit the forum or contact the League Officer. We're looking forward to receiving your entries!